Avaya J179-TSG Kuwait
The Avaya Enhanced Security IP Phone J179 addresses the need for everyday voice communications. Avaya J179-TSG Kuwait is an 8-line phone ideally suited for medium/high volume power users such as professionals, knowledge workers, salespeople, call centre who consider the phone to be one of many useful communication tools and who rely on the full range of telephony, productivity, collaboration features like directory and speed dial and so on. Government agencies and contractors often need to discuss classified information in full confidence that telephones will not be overheard or intercepted. Although required to support today’s communications oriented work environment, the presence of telephones in the office can present a security risk, as they can be used for audio surveillance even when they are on-hook due to: The Avaya J179-TSG IP Phone is an IP Phone that addresses the need for everyday voice communications. It is targeted for professionals/knowledge workers/salespeople/call centre – medium/high volume users who rely on the full range of telephony/productivity/collaboration features. This Avaya J179-TSG IP phone is a modified version that connects to your network like any other Avaya J179-TSG Kuwait. The difference is the addition of Positive Disconnect On-Hook Security. The phone also allows the on-hook security features to be engaged while in a call providing “Hold” and “Mute” security. Speakerphone functionality is enabled on the device and is protected with the on-hook security of the positive disconnect electronics but can be administratively disabled via the Aura® Communication Manager.
Avaya IP Phone J179-TSG Features.
- Modification or reconfiguration of existing components
- Installation of a clandestine technical surveillance device
- Application of externally generated electrical voltages or control signals onto the telephone line
- Modification of the telephone equipment or control unit software
- The TSG Certified IP phone Avaya J179 Kuwait is a modified version that connects to your network like any other J179. The difference is the addition of Positive Disconnect On-Hook Security. The phone also allows the on-hook security features to be engaged while in a call providing “Hold” and “Mute” security.
- Special positive-disconnect circuitry and ultra-low-emissions technology ensure that no audio signals from the microphone are produced on any wires leaving the phone when it is on-hook.
- When Power over Ethernet is not available, the phone can be plugged into a local supply that provides filtered operating power via the phone’s barrel connector.
- Speakerphone functionality is enabled on the device and is protected with the on-hook security of the positive disconnect electronics but can be administratively disabled via the Avaya Aura® Communication Manager.
Avaya IP Phone J179-TSG Specifications.
- Product Type: VoIP phone
- Compatible Platforms: Avaya IP Office 11.0, Avaya Aura Platform 6.3 FP4, Broadsoft Broadworks R21SP1, Zang Office R1.0
- Phone Features
- Call Services: Call Transfer, Call Hold
- Dialer Location: Base
- Conference Call Capability: Yes
- Speakerphone: Yes
- Indicators: Line status indicator
- IP Telephony
- Main Features: Integrated Ethernet switch
- VoIP: Yes
- VoIP Protocols: SIP
- Voice Codecs: G.711, G.722, G.729ab, G.726, Opus
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Support: Yes
- Network Ports Qty: 2 x Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX
- Network Features: Class 1 PoE
- Type: LCD display – color
- Display Location: Base
- Diagonal Size: 3.5″
- Hearing Aid Compatible: Yes
- Placing / Mounting: Wall-mountable, table-top