Meraki MS225-48FP Network Switch Kuwait
Meraki MS225-48FP Kuwait is designed to provide large business with networking connectivity that can be scaled according to your needs. The MS225-48FP gives you 48 PoE ports with a 740W total power budget that can provide power to connected devices. Four SFP 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports allow you to install various uplinks for fiber-optic cables and more. It has a 130.95 Megabytes forwarding rate with a switching capacity of 176 Gb/s and 9600B jumbo frame to ensure your linked devices receive optimized performance. The MS225-48FP can be placed within 1 RU rack cabinets so you can properly manage your system.
Meraki switches are designed from ground up for easy management without compromising any of the power and flexibility traditionally found in enterprise-class switches. The Meraki MS225-48FP is managed through an elegant, intuitive cloud interface, rather than a cryptic command line. To bring up a Meraki switch, just plug it in; there’s no need for complicated configuration files, or even direct physical access to the switch. Meraki’s centralized management gives administrators deep visibility into the network and how it’s used. See which switches are near capacity across hundreds of sites. Find all configuration changes made by a certain person with instant search.
The MS225-48FP uses a wide range of Meraki cloud management systems designed to streamline control over your network. Get email alerts, remote troubleshooting tools, per-port and per-client usage statistics, and secure firmware updates. Zero-touch provisioning is available so you can have your network set up by your IT professional quickly. Meraki Network Switches Kuwait automatically connect to the Meraki cloud to download the most current configuration.
Layer 2 and 3 support provides you with an array of switching capabilities including DHCP relay, 802.1x authentication, DHCP snooping, STP enhancements, IPv4 and IPv6 ACLs, and warm spare redundancy (VRRP).
Voice and video QoS adjusts system priorities to meet the demand of online calls.
Application Layer Visibility
Backed by Meraki technology, this switch offers Layer 7 fingerprinting which identifies applications so you can tune network resources for optimal performance.
Branch & Campus Access
- Physical stacking with support for up to 8 stack members for built-in redundancy and performance
- Quality-of-Service (QoS) to prioritize mission critical traffic such as voice and video
- Voice VLAN support for simplified VoIP deployments
- CDP, LLDP advertisement and snooping, with detailed neighbor discovery and visibility
- Port Mirroring (SPAN) support for monitoring network traffic at line rate
- IGMP Snooping to optimize network performance for multicast applications
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for high-capacity trunking, with Multi-chassis (MLAG) support on stacked switches
- IEEE 802.1X, MAB, and Hybrid authentication support for wired access control with RADIUS server monitoring
- Port security and MAC whitelisting
- Change of Authorization (CoA) and RADIUS accounting support
- DHCP snooping to prevent users from adding unauthorized DHCP servers on the network
- Rapid spanning tree, BPDU guard, root guard, and other safeguards to help prevent misconfigurations and reduce convergence time
- Per port VLAN configuration
- Multiple administrative roles with sophisticated security policy management
Network Troubleshooting & Automation
- Virtual Stacking lets administrators manage up to thousands of ports in a single interface without having to physically connect stack members
- Configuration templates for rapid, zero-touch provisioning and auditing of all sites
- Network Topology for automatic and interactive network mapping
- Remote cable testing, packet capture and client discovery
- Automatic and scheduled firmware upgrades for the complete network
Converged Voice, Video and Data Environments
The Meraki switch family is designed to unify data, voice, and video onto a single IP backbone. All Meraki switches support rich quality of-service (QoS) functionality for prioritizing data, voice, and video traffic. The Meraki MS225-48FP support eight class-of-service (CoS) queues on every port, enabling them to maintain end-to-end traffic prioritization. PoE models provide power VoIP telephones, IP security cameras, wireless access points (APs), and other IP devices. In addition, using CDP and LLDP, PoE power is intelligently budgeted to maximize the number of PoE clients supported. For the most power-hungry applications, support for Cisco PoE is also available. The Meraki MC products work flawlessly with Meraki switches, and create a unique and powerful experience to installing, supporting and troubleshooting VoIP technology
Application Layer Visibility
Meraki MS225-48FP not only features a switch to include integrated Layer 7 fingerprinting. Identify hundreds of applications from business apps to BitTorrent and YouTube. User fingerprinting with Google-like search allows administrators to easily identify and control individual users, PCs, iMacs, iPads, Androids, and other devices. This unprecedented visibility allows optimizing of network resources and maintaining optimal network performance.
Unified Software Architecture
Meraki switches run the same Meraki operating system used by all of Meraki’s products. The use of a common operating system allows Meraki to deliver a consistent experience across all product lines. When connected, MS250 switches automatically connect to the Meraki cloud, download configuration, and join the appropriate network. If new firmware is required, this is retrieved by the switch and updated automatically. This ensures the network is kept up-to date with bug fixes, security updates, and new features.
|Ethernet switching capabilities||
|Power over Ethernet||
PoE available on all ports simultaneously