Meraki MS355-48X Network Switch Kuwait
The Meraki MS355-48X Kuwait 48-Port Cloud Managed Stackable Gigabit PoE+ Switch provides full 10G multi-gigabit (mGig) access switching for demanding enterprise and campus environments. This MS355-48X switch features a high mGig port density for 802.11ax wireless access points, servers and workstations. It supports 40G or 10G uplinks, physical stacking, up to 60W of port power with UPoE, and field replaceable power supplies/fans. As with all Meraki switches, it is managed through an elegant, intuitive cloud-based interface, rather than cryptic command line. To bring up the Meraki MS355-48X switch, simply plug it in. The Meraki MS355-48X Kuwait switch does not require CLI for switch configuration or port management. Meraki’s centralized management platform gives administrators granular visibility into their network. The dashboard helps you keep track of every configuration change in your network with detailed event and change logs.
Key Features :
- Includes a three (3) year Meraki Enterprise license for operational functionality.
- Forty Eight (48) full 10G mGig ports for 802.11ax access points, servers and workstations.
- Multi-gigabit (mGig) ports support 100M/1/2.5/5/10G of bandwidth over copper cabling.
- Access switching with up to 48 ports and 740W of UPoE support.
- 40G or 10G uplink interfaces.
- Dual stacking interfaces with 400 Gbps of bandwidth.
- Support for field replaceable, redundant power supplies.
- Up to 688 Gbps of switching capacity.
- Six (6) configurable QoS queues for converged voice, video, and data applications.
- Integrated mounting brackets for rack mounting.
Includes 3-Year Meraki Enterprise License
The Meraki MS355-48X Kuwait uses the cloud for centralized management and control. The Meraki cloud is licensed on a “per device, per year” basis. This switch comes supplied with a 3-year license, offering you a complete enterprise management feature set.
Industry Leading Cloud Management
Cloud management has many benefits that make it easier to build networks large and small :
- Automatic email alerts from power loss, downtime, excessive Layer 1 errors, or configuration changes.
- Powerful remote diagnostic tools such as packet capture to help isolate and troubleshoot network issues.
- Role-based administration.
- Firmware upgrades and enhancements from the Meraki cloud.
- Virtual Stacking enables switch port configuration changes on the dashboard interface without the need to physically stack switches.
- Incredible network transparency with application, operating system, client, and hostname visibility.
- Zero-touch provisioning for rapid deployment across sites
Powerful Access Switching
- High-bandwidth physical stacking with support for up to 8 stack members for built-in redundancy and performance.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for high-capacity trunking, with Multi-chassis (MLAG) support on stacked switches.
- Static and dynamic routing support with DHCP relay and server capabilities.
- Quality-of-Service (QoS) to prioritize mission-critical traffic such as voice and video.
- Voice VLAN support for simplified VoIP deployments.
- CDP, LLDP advertisement and snooping, with detailed neighbor visibility and discovery.
- Port Mirroring to monitor network traffic.
- IGMP Snooping to optimize network performance for multicast applications.
- IEEE 802.1X, MAB, and Hybrid authentication support for wired access control with RADIUS server monitoring.
- ACL support (IPv4 & IPv6) and MAC whitelisting.
- Single-Host/Multi-Domain/Multi-Host/Multi Authentication.
- Change of Authorization (CoA) and RADIUS accounting support.
- DHCP snooping to protect against rogue DHCP servers on the network.
- Dynamic ARP Inspection to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks.
- Rapid Spanning Tree, BPDU guard, root guard, loop guard, and other safeguards to help prevent misconfigurations and reduce convergence time.
- Per port VLAN configuration.
- Multiple administrative roles with sophisticated security policy management.
Network Troubleshooting & Automation
- Virtual Stacking helps IT admins make configuration changes to hundreds of switch ports in seconds with the intuitive dashboard interface.
- Configuration templates for rapid, zero-touch provisioning and auditing of all sites.
- Network Topology for automatic and interactive network mapping.
- Remote cable testing, packet capture, and client discovery.
- Automatic and scheduled firmware upgrades for the complete network.
Converged Voice, Video and Data Environments
This Meraki MS355-48X Kuwait is designed to unify data, voice, and video onto a single IP backbone. As with all Meraki switches, it supports rich quality-of-service (QoS) functionality for prioritizing data, voice, and video traffic. The switch supports eight class-of-service (CoS) queues on every port, enabling it to maintain end-to-end traffic prioritization. This PoE+ model provides power to VoIP telephones, IP security cameras, wireless access points (APs), and other IP devices. Using CDP and LLDP, PoE power is intelligently budgeted to maximize the number of PoE clients supported. For the most power-hungry applications, support for UPoE support is also available.
Application Layer Visibility
The Meraki MS355-48X Kuwait includes integrated Layer 7 fingerprinting without the need to purchase additional modules or services. Identify hundreds of applications from business apps to BitTorrent and YouTube. User fingerprinting allows administrators to quickly identify individual users by device and tune network resources for optimum performance.
Beyond the Network Software Architecture
The Meraki MS355-48X Kuwait switch runs the same operating system used by all Meraki products, which means it delivers a consistent user experience for network management. When connected, the MS355-48X switch automatically reaches out to the Meraki cloud and downloads the most current configuration. Future updates can be user-scheduled, ensuring the network is kept up-to-date with bug fixes, security updates, and new features.
Simplified Management and Operations
Meraki’s cloud-managed architecture makes it simpler than ever to quickly provision and configure switch ports with security, QoS, and other parameters. The Meraki dashboard provides unified policies, event logs, and monitoring, which make it easy to manage and grow large network deployments. By providing a complete, robust set of management functions over the web, Meraki’s cloud-based management eliminates the need for proprietary command line configuration interfaces which require expensive and time-consuming certifications. The Meraki MS355-48X switch can be fully deployed and provisioned in minutes without local configuration or staging. New MS355-48X switches can be sent to remote offices and installed by non-technical staff, saving thousands of dollars in time and travel expenses. The Meraki MS355-48X switch includes several remote diagnostic features including ping, traceroute, cable test, and latency measurement tools. For in-depth client troubleshooting, administrators can remotely perform port-level packet captures without additional hardware.
Designed for Reliability & Environmental Efficiency
The Meraki MS355-48X Kuwait switch was designed for reliable, long-lived operation in wiring closet environments, which may be prone to high temperatures and limited ventilation. Meraki is able to deliver highly reliable products with exceptional mean time between failure (MTBF) ratings by using proven switching silicon and by minimizing total component count. Each switch also operates with a split-plane architecture, where silicon-based switching and data forwarding are separated from software-based control and management. By decoupling the underlying switching logic from control, each unit is able to deliver wire-speed switching even when advanced software features such as Layer 7 host and OS fingerprinting are enabled. The highly integrated designs of Meraki switches result in power and cooling savings in large deployment environments of 30-60% when compared with similar managed switches.
The Meraki MS355-48X Kuwait switch is ideal for small and large scale campus deployments, where reliability, scalability, and manageability are top priorities :
- Physical stacking for increased redundancy.
- Warm spare failover for all stacking switches.
- Get alerts if a switch fails or goes offline, before it impacts users.
Technical Specs :
- 32 x gigabit ethernet PoE/PoE+/uPoE interfaces
- 16 x 10G ethernet PoE/PoE+/uPoE interfaces
- Multi-gigabit (mGig) ports support 100M/1/2.5/5/10G of bandwidth over copper cabling
- 740 watt PoE budget with PoE+ and uPoE support, dynamic power allocation for powering APs, phones, cameras, and other PoE enabled devices
- 40G and 10G uplink interfaces
- Dual stacking interfaces with 400 Gbps of bandwidth
- Support for field replaceable, redundant power supplies
- 544 Gbps of switching capacity
- 6 configurable QoS queues for converged voice, video, and data applications
- Integrated mounting brackets for rack mounting
- Lifetime hardware warranty and advanced replacement at no additional cost